How to download a PDF?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before I get the usual informative 'Post it.......' I know this is the wrong forum but I'm more likely to get a quick, sensible answer here, (as wellas the usual dross etc).

I've downloaded a document and its opened in Adobe. How can I save it to a New Folder? There are no options in any of the menus. As it takes about 10 minutes to download I don't want to have to do this every time I need to refer to it.

Any help greatly appreciated, any crap off the usual sinners instantly ignored. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
can't you copy and paste it into a Word document? Then save that?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply Di, its a car manual so theres a lot to copy.

BUT< good news! I've just found something in one of the menus that asked if I wanted to make a copy so I've tried it and it looks like it has worked. Will take a chance and close the original, see if the copy has worked and let you know.

Thank you.

YES!!! It worked!
how come you spend ages looking for a way to do something, post a query on a forum then suddenly it dawns on you to try something and BINGO! :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks to both of you for replying, especially so quickly! :LOL:

If it is a matter of setting up 'Adobe Reader' then see second icon from left below...

Adobe-1.jpg

You get it thus...

Adobe-2.jpg

Click the 'floppy disc' icon for 'Save a Copy' dialogue.

-0-

Some PDF's can only be viewed live and will not save or print. The pre-release to new 17th Edition wiring regulations is one I found and only way I could find to copy was a camera taking pictures of monitor. It even disabled screen print.

Just found this in this section whilst looking for something else.
As I have said earlier, I managed to save it to my PC but thanks for your replies anyway.

Sponsored Links
Back