How to fill this settling crack?

Cracks are 100% normal for new plasterwork. They'll be expecting it. Bypass everyone on the customer services side and get straight down to it with someone in charge.I'd estimate the job time on that as 30 - 60s filling it, go do something else and let it dry, repaint time 60s. Charge..... based on what else you can get on with in the meantime and if you did the work or not.
Shrinkage cracks are normal on new properties (but not new plasterwork) but, looking at that one, I reckon it’s more than just shrinkage & I’ll put money on the block work being cracked underneath. It's not a serious problem but no amount of filler is going to repair it; a bit of DIY & a little cash but after a few months, you'll still be left with ------ a crack ;)

Yeah, I was pushing it work new plasterwork; since it can be laid without cracking. But with this being a new development, I'd opt for settlement first. I've seen this so many times it's crazy, and I've seen it in numerous building being put together and plastered by government agencies.

I'd still vote for filling it.

If it reappears, the building is still settling.

One way round that is to use a flexible sealant that will take emulsion. But then, that's their job.

Get on the phone and bust through to someone in charge. You don't have to get angry, just say you know it needs fixing and it's not hard to do.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back