How to fit new radiator valves to 8mm pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a problem that I'm hoping someone can help with.

Basically, I am trying to replace an old radiator&valves. The problem I'm having is that the old radiator valves are a completely different size to what I can find available.

I have 8mm microbore pipe that is currently connected to the old radiator valves.

I'm trying to fit the following TRV/valve;
http://www.screwfix.com/p/danfoss-ras-c-white-chrome-trv-lockshield-8-10mm-angled/53183

The old valve is currently connect as follows from the top - Valve>Olive>Nut

I understand that the Danfoss has the 8mm adapter which replaces an olive, but I just cannot work out how this securely fits to the 8mm pipe as the nut is much bigger than the old valve so I can't seem to get it to lock to the pipe when I tighten Valve>Adapter>Nut.

I've attached a picture to show the difference between the current (old) valve & the Danfoss.

How do I connect this to the 8mm pipe? Am I missing something, or have I bought the wrong valve in the first place?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
You're almost there, keep tightening the nut and you'll hear/feel it 'break' and appear to loosen, a nip up and you're sorted.

You're almost there, keep tightening the nut and you'll hear/feel it 'break' and appear to loosen, a nip up and you're sorted.

Thanks for the reply. Just to check, once it 'breaks' should it then just be gently tightened a couple of turns? Or literally just a half turn?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
I would say about a turn but when it feels tight, stop!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back