How to fix reversible latch in this lock?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The reversible latch in this replacement mortice lock just spins round. How the hell do I fix it in place? I can't see anything to allow its spindle to be fixed in its mounting.

Also the [bit the key turns] has clearly got itself in the wrong place and I can't see how it can sit anywhere else. I'm worried if I fiddle with the mechanism I'll just end up with a pile of loose components and springs. Does anyone know of any manuals or instructions for these things? It was an eBay purchase and the seller says he will have to refer to his supplier. I was rather hoping to have the job done this weekend.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• 2017-01-06 20.48.04.jpg
    2017-01-06 20.48.04.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 140
Sponsored Links
what make is it? If it's an Imperial I might have one I can photograph.

the latch looks as if, when you have turned it upright, it should sit in the rectangular space in the fore-end. I would have expected you to pull on the latch to release it so it can be turned over.

The spindle doesn't get fixed; it's been a bit of time since I did one, but you just pull the latch out (or push it in), turn it over, and then let it drop back in place, but in your case, the spindle may need lifting off of the mechanism, turning over, and then putting back. If you put a spindle and handle in the lock, you can check that the latch is operating properly, but obviously only the key will turn the lock, and I can't see any obvious problems with it, so you'll need to try turning the key, and see if you can push the mortice bolt in to the right position.

Sponsored Links
This is Horizontal sash lock F&B or ZOO 3 Lever. In order to swicth latch you only unscrew the faceplate and then you switch side. Then you need to put faceplate back and the latch won't spin anymore! Below are internal pictures of mine one.
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    135 KB · Views: 133
  • FullSizeRender (6).jpg
    FullSizeRender (6).jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 141
  • FullSizeRender (7).jpg
    FullSizeRender (7).jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 90
  • FullSizeRender (8).jpg
    FullSizeRender (8).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 121
  • FullSizeRender (9).jpg
    FullSizeRender (9).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back