How to get shower side panel to fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've got a shower tray that was fitted with a riser kit, and has a PVC side panel. The original panel had cracked, so I bought a new one of the same height as the original (95mm). However I can't get it to fit in - it's just a bit too tall, even when I take the lino up. I suspect that's why the original one cracked too. I can't find anywhere that sells a panel shorter than 95mm, and obviously I can't raise the shower tray up without some major retiling etc.

Any ideas what to do? I could try & trim 2mm off the bottom of the panel, but then I'd have a hard edge sticking into the ground, rather than a curved one, and it might be hard to get it to sit square on the floor without the mechanical strength of that inside lip. But is that my only option? Any cleverer ideas? Are there any companies that sell custom height side panels?

Attachments

• Shower.jpg
    Shower.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 85
Sponsored Links
I'd be inclined to fit a curved upstand to the floor, trim your trim at the bottom as required (dremel?) push it into place with some silicone to bond it to the upstand and seal the joint at the base which will also hide the cut edge.

Sponsored Links
I'd be inclined to fit a curved upstand to the floor, trim your trim at the bottom as required (dremel?) push it into place with some silicone to bond it to the upstand and seal the joint at the base which will also hide the cut edge.

That sounds like a good plan. Not to sound like a complete DIY dunce, but what would you buy to make the upstand?

You could replace with gloss white soffit uvpc.Easy to cut to size or you could overlap at join.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back