Shower Tray panel?

str

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently had a new bathroom installed and the shower tray had to be raised off the floor for the drain.

This means that I need to cover the 125mm of wood that shows beneath the tray. The bathroom supplier does stock shower tray "panels" (like a bath panel" but only to a height of 95mm.

Had though of getting someone to make a plastic L shaped cover but struggle to find the right manufacturer at the right price for a small one of job.

The other thought was to use a couple lengths of white pvc soffit board but struggling to find a supplier of 125mm high board in central scotland (preferably around Edinburgh). I have found some in DIY sheds at 175 and more but they seem awful thick and I want it to be kept to a minimum thickness between 5 and 10 mm.

I did find a supplier on the internet but they had a minimum order amount which there was no way I was going to reach in ordering a single length.

Anyone with any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You may be able to trim a plastic soffit board down but, again, it’s going to be quiet thick best is probably to tile it as stated but is there a reason why your installer didn't use an easy-plumb shower tray :?: this comes with a removable plastic fascia!

Sponsored Links
tiled floor but wasn't keen on tiling it as the floor tiles as quite thick. Also, only got 1 floor tile left over and would have to buy a full box to tile what is a relatively small area of cut tiles!

I had bought the shower tray myself, before the plumber had seen it, on the assumption that it could sit directly on the floor, but due to cost implications of cutting into the cast soil pipe to lower the drainage, I opted to have the tray raised up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back