How to get to the brushes on Karcher K2.94M?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Karcher K2.94M is not working - it buzzes when switched on but the motor doesn't want to turn. Have tried a new capacitor but still the same. No air lock. Was going to check the motor brushes but I can't get at them as there seems to be a protective shroud over the motor. See pics. Looking down the slim gaps I can't immediately see any wires which might lead to any brushes, so am not sure if this is supposed to come off or not, or if the motor is a sealed unit. Any ideas on how to remove it, or am I p***ing into the wind? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_2651.JPEG
    IMG_2651.JPEG
    320.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2652.JPEG
    IMG_2652.JPEG
    313.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2653.JPEG
    IMG_2653.JPEG
    281.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2654.JPEG
    IMG_2654.JPEG
    215.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2655.JPEG
    IMG_2655.JPEG
    347.8 KB · Views: 83
Sponsored Links
It might be a sealed unit - but have you tried removing the screws in the centre, it might then come apart there.

Blup

Thx, I found that aswell. The blower wheel on the end simply prices off the spindle, releasing the black cover. However, no visible brushes on the motor. Not sure what else to look at as a fix Any suggestions at the pump end of things??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back