How to increase water pressure in the shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've had this problem with my shower head for years whereby the pressure is so low and it takes longer to have a shower because of this. When I go on holiday to other countries, the shower heads are so powerful and I would like it to be like that at home. I was told that by changing the direction of the pipe that this would fix the issue. Is that true?

Does anyone know the best and cheapest way to sort out this problem. I understand that I live in a low water pressure area but I'm sure it at least be improved. I have changed my shower head and hose several times and it hasn't fixed the problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Is it an electric shower or a mixer shower?

If its electric and you have a water tank in your loft then you could fit a pumped electric shower that would need to be fed from the cold water tank. If you dont have a tank in the loft then you would need to fit one!

If its a mixer and fed from a gravity supply (tanks)t hen you could fit a booster pump.

By the sounds of it you have an electric shower and a poor mains pressure supply (possibly a shared main). In which case the best option is to fit a header tank and an electric shower with internal booster pump!

Either way probably not that cheap!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back