how to install a trevi boost shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Croydex Venturi shower is not working-I turn the dial but no water comes out. I am been recommended to replace it with a Trevi boost-how do u install it with the two copper pipes coming from the unit into the ceiling of the bathroom? Has anyone installed this shower?
Can u give me some advice here?
cheers
Gary

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have exposed pipework. The Trevi Boost comes complete with connectors for exposed pipework and also with connectors for concealed pipework.

For expose pipework hot on left cold on right facing upwards outlet on opposite side, blank into the output facing uppermost.

I loved to conceal it-not at all experienced in plumbing but I can learn-logically I could push the pipes back behind the wall as in the loft they are connected to plastic pipes only-can this be done?

For concealed pipework use the 3/4" male iron (which are brass) to 22mm compression unions supplied, put the unit the way up which puts hot on left cold on right. Put enough ptfe on the elbow thread (10 to 15 turns, most towards back). Short stub of pipe into pushfit elbows pointed to where the pipes are, I think you are saying they are in the loft.

It's tricky to do up the compression nut as it sits back in the wall, so you have tyo dig out a large enough chunk of wall to allow you to pull the pipe forward for getting onto the comression nut, yet push it back sufficient afterwards for shower to be flush with wall. It helps if during first fix you use compression stop ends so that the compression nut has already bitten , then when you come to fit shower after tiling, if you lack confidence you can paste the olives and tighten up, but don't have to go at it as hard as you do when making olive bight on a new joint. Check for leaks before fixing shower back.

If you need to ask these questions you are about to land yourself in a deal of trouble. I had a lad working for me with three years experience and all his qualifications and he phoned me to say it couldn't be done. This after the tiler had been and gone. Anyhow as the boss I have to make sure it is done, it was done.

One of the hardest showers to fir concealed if you have no access from adjacent room/ cupboard. A lot easier to send chrome pipes down from loft and fit exposed pipework.

Sponsored Links
Can the Trevi exposed unit be fitted so that the pipes can come down from the ceiling into the top of the unit, or do you have to bring the pipes down below the unit and up into the bottom? The only pictures I can find of it look as if all the pipework has to go into it from underneath.

I like the idea of the flush unit but it looks and sounds difficult to work on, in a small recess in the wall.. would be a real hassle if it went wrong in the future and needed maintenance. I'm fitting £1200 of stone tiling and wouldn't want to have to start breaking into that!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back