How to make floor to skirt joint good without removing skirt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

About to undertake my 1st ever floor tiling job. My kitchen,small utility and hallway. Someone told me to take off skirt,tile to wall and replace skirt on top. Skirt is stuck with adhesive and already level with block jamb thing so would look a bit mad if raised. I have read that I should put caulk not grout in join but don't know how to make finish look professional eg can you get grey caulk to match grout?

Also anyone know how join floor tile to bottom stair, which is carpeted, and make it look good. You guessed it, I like things to look good. Any tips would be appreciated.

Colette

Sponsored Links
the only comment i can make is you will have to lift the carpet up
lay tiles then fold / cut carpet to sit on top DOO NOT for gooord sake
try to tile up to a carpet :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

good luck
big all

Colette said:
I have read that I should put caulk not grout in join but don't know how to make finish look professional eg can you get grey caulk to match grout?

You could paint the caulk the same colour as the skirting board (if it is not unpainted that is) rather than try to match the caulk with the grout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back