How to open a 1930's Rim Lock

Sponsored Links
You mean the sort where the bolt is operated by a snib not a key?

No, you push on the door until the staple falls off. To make this easier you can unscrew the staple from the frame and refix with smaller screws, or drill out the screw holes and put putty or filler in so the screws are not very secure.

yeah just like the one in the link, it has no key just a little slide across thingy to lock the door.

so if i get locked in, pass out, for some one to get in they have to push it off, there is no way to adapt the lock?

take it off and fit a modern one?

but if you leave the key in the lock, they will find it difficult to use a spare key from outside. There is a burglar's tool that will do it...

Sponsored Links
Well I would rather keep them as they look nice and work, as the link attached they have no key, just a slide bit. So I wanted to know if that can be adapted to open if myself or anyone got stuck in the bathroom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back