How to over ride factoey set flow temperature on boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have had a 14.4 kw Slim Jim electric flow boiler fitted and the maximum flow temperature is factory set to 80c and I need to over ride this and set it at 90c. The boiler can safely operate up to 100c.

Strange thing to want to do but I'm using it in a test production lab to heat water baths (not radiators) as it was a quick and cheap solution but we now need to increase the maximum operating temperature.

Does anyone have an idea if this could be done?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks didn't actually think of that but they are single phase and there is not enough electrical load for two in the small unit we use. Thought there would be someway to alter the pcb to allow a higher maximum flow temp.

Dont be stupid cut a 4 inch nail down instead of a fuse

Quite pricey, but doubling the size (width not length) of the cable would reduce the resistance of the electricity getting to it.

The water coming into the boiler "return pipe" will be about 10deg cooler than the flow, so if you unclip the flow thermistor and put it on the return this will trick the boiler into thinking the flow temp is 80 when in fact it will be 90 on the flow but coming back at 80 on the return.

That sounds interesting , there must be commercial machines designed for that purpose not something you really want to have an accident with , Suppose you will be using some serious juice and water to get a few pounds of salt

the tricking the boiler sounds like a good way of doing it.

This is just an experiment (temporary measure) we are trying whilst we have oil fired commercial boilers fitted in May, but yes it takes a lot of energy to create salt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back