How to release pressure on Worchester Greenstar1 Jun. Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

WIth the cold weather, I noticed the house wasnt getting warm. I went to the gas boiler and all lights were flashing. I reset it and tried to restart, but didnt sound like any water was flowing and made a lot of little banks and creaks. I turned it off and rang my plumber. He cant get to my house (i'm in the sticks and roads are impassable). He asked what pressure was at, i said nearly 0. He taught me how to raise pressure back to about 1.5. But, then i noticed water wasnt running from taps. He said pipes are frozen and not much i can do until they thaw.

Yesterday i had eletric heaters in the room with the bolier, and this morning all cold and hot taps pass water fine. I tried to restart boiler, and this time it sounded like water was flowing through system. Pressure dropped slightly and i tried to raise it but went too far. Now it is on the 3 red zone, and i can't see where/how to release the pressure. Any1 know? To increase pressure, i turned heaxagon lock on the flexi-pipe slightly to right, but thought if i turned it the opposite direction, pressure might fall, it rose also.

I did briefly manage to get some heated water out of my bathroom tap, but obviously as pressure keeps slightly touching 3, the boiler tells me to reset. I have bed radiators and run taps in house to get out any air.

Thanks for your time reading, i'm kind of stranded here and need to get some hot water and heating asap. Boilers in a bad place, high on a wall and boxed in. I will removed front panel of boxed in wall if necessary, as only have access to bottom half.

Jim.

Sponsored Links
Bleed a radiator, or open a drain valve, that will slowly reduce the pressure to where it needs to be. Let the water into a bucket until its between 1 to 1.5 bar. The flexi pipe will let water in, but wont have the reverse effect.

If it still wont work, check the condensate drain hasnt frozen. (White pipe from underside of boiler, leading to a drain outside.)

Done, and working! Thank u!!! I bled the raidiator, but no luck. The condensate pipe was frozen outside, so using a vaccum cleaner pipe, abroom and a kettle, we poured water down the pipe and it works perfectly now.

Is there a special lagging i can get to stop this freezing again, and is the condesate pipe supposed to be plastic?

Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back