How to remove a 'line' running down the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So I guess it is the opposite of a crack, a line or ridge running down the wall. I have tried sanding it down and re painting but it re appears straight away.

At first I just thought I wasn't sanding it enough so I sand it again until there is no ridge and re paint...but it comes back!! :mad:

Aside from re plaster anything I can do?
thanks

IMG_20210525_173403415.jpg

Sponsored Links
Rake it out with say a chisel, fill and repaint.

Would that not also leave a visible line down the wall? or would sanding it down after filling make it invisible? Just worried I might make it even worse :confused:
thanks

Looking at that I'd say it was a gap between two boards (plasterboard). Basically you can try doing as said above. Try and channel the line out in a v shape. Then refill with pollyfilla and sand down flush. You will still see a line as the walls look textured but it won't stick out. If it then bulges out again then one of the boards must be moving!

Sponsored Links
I'd say it was a gap between two boards
Its about 120cm from the end of the wall so I think you're right. Wondering if I could put a few screws either aside of the line to minimise any movement. I will do as advised.
thanks

No the wall is solid. There is a radiator underneath, maybe the heat causes it to expand/contract? although never heard of that before

Radiators can be hung on plasterboard. Are you saying its not a plasterboard joint for this reason?

Hmm, there could well be a pipe coming down the wall to the rad. I've seen it quite a few times. Or like you say, if the joint is right there it may be expanding from the heat over time!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back