how to remove a Potterton PRV

yeh prv can sometimes stick or block therefore is the reason why engineers servicing sealed system appliances should activate them manually to confirm correct operation! it's just the fact that they can then fail and need replacing as to why many engineers dont test it, cos you've then got the old saying of """my boiler was working fine till you touched it"""" :rolleyes: lol! one thing to be weary of is the pipe connecting the expansion vessel can block and cause the same problems as an under or over pressurised vessel even though the vessel itself has correct pressure, time will tell though!!!!! hope its ok for you

Sponsored Links
yeh prv can sometimes stick or block therefore is the reason why engineers servicing sealed system appliances should activate them manually to confirm correct operation! it's just the fact that they can then fail and need replacing as to why many engineers dont test it, cos you've then got the old saying of """my boiler was working fine till you touched it"""" :rolleyes: lol! one thing to be weary of is the pipe connecting the expansion vessel can block and cause the same problems as an under or over pressurised vessel even though the vessel itself has correct pressure, time will tell though!!!!! hope its ok for you

Thanks, that was certainly my case lol, tho i didn't hold it against the service guy as he seemed a decent bloke. He was also the one that told me i could change the PRV myself, so he saved me a few bob there! Tho it certainly wasn't as easy as he made out, but is it ever? lol.

Anyway, for now all looks fine. Two days gone and pressure stays at a steady 1.5 bar and no leakage. So i hope no more probs for a good while! Thanks again for all the advice. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back