How to remove PVA from newly plastered wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically my plasterer, or more accurately his apprentice is a moron and has managed to get pva splashes and runs all over my newly plastered walls.

I've painted one room and even after sanding the pva marks are still slightly visible, I can live with this as the furniture covers 95% of it.

The other room is a hallway/landing so need to get as good a finish as possible, would something like zinsser 123 work over these marks before the mist coat? I've considered using something like a glue dissolver or thinners to try and remove it but not sure what effect this may have on the plaster.

Any advice would be great, other than the obvious of never using this guy again.

Sponsored Links
123 after a light sand should do it but do the whole wall to avoid "flashing" on the treated areas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back