How to remove this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Could anybody help me with how I remove this?
It looks like there was a porch here, but it's just the brick I would like removing to make it flush with the rest of the house.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Disk saw or hammer and bolster chisel.

Don't bother turning or replacing the bricks on the corners, just flush up with sand/cement, form some fake joints in that, and then paint over it.

Disk saw or hammer and bolster chisel.

Don't bother turning or replacing the bricks on the corners, just flush up with sand/cement, form some fake joints in that, and then paint over it.
Cheers mate
So when I've taken all the bricks out do you mean where the bricks go into the house wall where they are joined just fill that in with sand and cement?
Or could I cut the bricks back to size then refit them?
Will it be ok with just sand/cement also the window won't drop when I take them out will it?
Thanks

Don't take any out, cut them in place with a grinder. Then use cement to cover the newly exposed end, and neatly mark in some fake mortar joints to match,

Sponsored Links
As above, just wanted to say there's little chance of your window dropping anyway, it'll be all wedged in. About 4 bricks fell out of my wall under a bay window corner column and nothing moved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back