How to reply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a new member and would like to reply in a topic discussion but cannot see where to ( though I can thank). Why wife is web designer and said she does not know where. Obviously you can but how. Why make it difficult. The reply button should a big obvious one. Zero out of ten.

How do I reply????

Sponsored Links
Hi gdcox

Just do as I have just done, click on post reply, bottom left corner.
We are a friendly bunch here, with a very diverse knowledge base, we will help if we can.
When you have finished writing your question just click on submit...

Wotan

I am a new member and would like to reply in a topic discussion but cannot see where to ( though I can thank). Why wife is web designer and said she does not know where. Obviously you can but how. Why make it difficult. The reply button should a big obvious one. Zero out of ten.

How do I reply????
It seems you have forgotten how to do that, chrome gone tarnished again :!: :p :p

Wotan

Sponsored Links
You can post a new topic but you can't reply to a post, even though they are next to each other:confused:
Your very much welcome on this site then, you can stand in the corners with the idiots, by the way that's where I am ;)
By the way I have not figured out how to compress the links, like I side idiot, anyone? :oops:

You can post a new topic but you can't reply to a post, even though they are next to each other:confused:
Your very much welcome on this site then, you can stand in the corners with the idiots, by the way that's where I am ;)
By the way I have not figured out how to compress the links, like I side idiot, anyone? :oops:

You could just use 'Tiny URL' Prentice. http://www.tiny.cc/

If we use this picture as our subject,
medium_homer_simpson_beer_duff_tv_nfl_nasn.png

The original link is:

http://florentpoirier.hautetfort.com/images/medium_homer_simpson_beer_duff_tv_nfl_nasn.png

However, Tiny URL will show the link as:

http://tiny.cc/p81e0

Clicking on either of the above will take you to that picture. If however you want to shorten and change the link so that it reads 'within' or 'as part of' a sentence like this then if you quote me you will see the layout required for that. Essentially you use the closed bracket then type the word/words you want to be the link, then open the brackets, type /url and close the brackets. Hope that makes sense! Click on Quote to see the layout of my text and get a better understanding.

Just so the 'this' bit is isolated for you here it is again:

this

And as I stated above, the link 'words' can be anything....

Homer with a Duff Beer

kirkgas";p="1520875 said:
Thanks for that Blas, I will study your post later on.
You're welcome mate.[/quote

so will I, but i was PML when i read a web designer was moaning that the site was hard to navigate to reply to a post FFS we are all half daft or drunk on here and we can manage :LOL:
Exactly :!: they come here slagging off our well designed site, and leave without as much as a thank you. :p :eek:

Wotan

my son is a very successful web designer and he has commented that the site is absolutely fine, as the people that use it are predominintely non-computer peeps then we can get round the site without any bother, (or perhaps he means if i can get on and use it there cant be much wrtong with it) when he is setting up a new site for a company he sends me a draft link, his theory being if i can get on it and navigate it anybody can :oops: he also appreciates a non-geek opinion on it as sometimes they look too deeply into the workings of a new site rather than an end user being able to actually use it, ( a bit like what vokera should have done before they issued those horrible digital timers a few years ago)

Sponsored Links
Back