how to whirlpool bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i just installed a whirlpool type bath in the bathroom, the pump is 230V, 800watt, 3.9amp. question is, im not sur the best option for powering it, i can run it straight through the wall to a bedroom socket, or i can run the wiring out the door and branch it from the light switch outside, but i need to know should i place an rcd or some form of safety device in the circuit and would either of these ideas be ok what would you reccomend, thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I would recommend an air mask to combat the aroma of the air that will be used to create the foaming bubbles. :rolleyes:

I would use these you will likely have no neutral in any light switch and it would not have enough spare power so needs to come from power circuit. In UK we would not be allowed to DIY this but not sure on island. As to RCD the whole of the sockets may be protected depends on age of house.

thanks for reply, gonna gang spur it with a 13A fuse from the bedroom socket then on to 5A RCD protector in the landing, then to a 20A DP switch outside the bathroom and on to the pump. gonna use a weather proof box under the bath and 2.5mm cable throughout how does that sound, a bit of overkill perhaps ??

Sponsored Links
how to whirlpool bath
Like this:

BB2Bath_682x400_504176a.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back