How to wire my electric oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Hopefully someone will be able to help me ... I am trying to wire my electric oven / hob.

I have 5 single wires available in the socket that is positioned at the wall:
1 x earth
1 x blue
1 x brown
2 x black

At the wall there are some connector blockes, and I already have a special cooker wire that I bought in B&Q that connects into the connector block and then goes to the available conenctions on the oven - as in the picture below.

I have attached a picture of the wiring instructions on the back of the oven for informations

For further information, the electric power supply comes from wall to the oven. And then from the oven the electric hob plugs into the available connection on the top of the oven.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Matthew.

Sponsored Links
matt_l said:
I have 5 wires available
From where?

1 x earth
1 x blue
1 x brown
2 x black
Are these single cables?

I would also like to attached a copy of the wire instructions that is fixed to the back of the oven - but i do not know how to do this.
Have you scanned them or photographed them?

If so, upload them to a hosting service, e.g. ImageShack, and put the link in a post.

If you have a wireless device with bluetooth then you can use your mobile phone to take a picture and bluetooth it to your wireless laptop (for example) then upload to imageshack from there and post the appropriate link. Or else use a conventional digital camera or if you're stuck in a time warp then use a scanner ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back