Howdens Kitchen Boxing in CH Boiler. Any advice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am fitting my first howdens kitchen. There is a CH boiler that is to be boxed in, and the plan shows 2 tower decor panels and a 900 freezer door to be used. Has anyone done this before? or advise on how to do this?

I have checked the boiler specs, and the cupboard does not require any ventilation. Dimensions are 400 wide, 700 high (plus 100mm clearance required), Depth 278mm (plus 5mm to door required).

Sponsored Links
The first thing I would do is ask in the appropriate forum. If this is not possible get some DIY books or google for information. Its all out there. As a guide stick the sides on the wall either side of the boiler and then stick the door on. Its easy really. Practice with bits of cardboard from a cornflakes packet on the kitchen table using a tub of spread to simulate the boiler. :)

As long as it meets the clearances stated in the instructions AND it will be easy to get the cover off it and be accessable for service and repair then it will be ok.

As Scatman has said, the most important thing you must establish is the required clearances on the boiler. These will be in the manufacturers instructions, and you must abide by them.

Sponsored Links
As Scatman has said, the most important thing you must establish is the required clearances on the boiler. These will be in the manufacturers instructions, and you must abide by them. I'm surprised they're having you make it up out of bits though, there should be complete units available that you can use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back