Hw cylinder im guessing this isnt good

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've noticed a bit of damp under my hot water cylinder.
After a bit of investigation I saw water staining coming from the boiler controls. Im guessing this isnt good. Is this a new tank or can the immersion be reseated? As theres water at the top of the cover im guessing its steam escaping?

the people who built the house enclosed the hw tank so this'll be a removing a wall job.
20240417_101027.jpg
20240417_101021.jpg

Sponsored Links
can the immersion be reseated?

It could be, but if not then it's wasted money.

Think to yourself:
How old is is?
How well fitted was it?
Has it been maintained?
If your in a hard water area has the cylinder any protection?

It's only 6-7 years old in a soft water area. Yes it's been maintained.

The alternative is knocking down walls and £1000+ for a new cylinder plus install

It's a william wilson 250ltr tank which I believe comes with a 25 year no leak warranty. Anyone any experience with this?

I don't know, but the cost of replacing the immersion heater is relatively trivial, so worth a try unless you know for a fact if can be ruled out.

Start investigating the warranty terms.

Sponsored Links
Baxi aren't interested, although it's leaking from a factory fit part they are willing to do nothing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back