United Kingdom
Hi,

Ive recently moved into a house that has the following;

Potterton Suprima 50 boiler
Potterton EP2002 control box
Hot water tank on the landing
Cold water tank (i guess in the loft)
Thermostat in the hall

I have noticed that when I put the HW on the radiators start to warm. I had a combi in the previous house so my knowledge of this system is limited but surely this isnt right?

I read on the plumb centre website that the EP2002 model cannot do HW and CH independently, but the upgrade EP6002 can?

Anyone heard of this? Or is it the diverted valve which I've read about?

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, is that the diverter valve? Are you saying that's the most likely culprit. Is it located next to the hot water tank, and if so how do I know its stuck between hot water and heating? Thanks.

Yes, the valve should be in the airing cupboard next to your hot water cylinder. Depending on what model it is you need to isolate the electricity supply and remove the silver box if it's like the one in the picture. When the box is removed it should reveal a little spindle you should be able to rotate it slightly if you can't it is stuck in mid-position and it will probably want replacing if it can't be freed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back