Hygena Dishwasher met Fairy Liquid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So basically as the subject says, a member of the family put some Fairy Liquid into the dishwasher in an attempt to clean a tough stain. (Hygena AHY8102)

Obviously this created a ridiculous amount of foam and currently the foam is somewhat less, barely any infact, but the machine wont drain and the wash cycle just goes on and on.

I've read a few other topics on this board that say to tip the machine backwards etc to drain but ours is built in to the sink unit and looks like it might be tricky to get out without an engineer of sorts. Is there any other way of treating this issue? Or could anyone perhaps suggest an effective way of removing the machine from the built in unit?

Help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Some of these have access panels at the front bottom behind the kick strip.

If you remove these to gain access to the front base of the machine with the power off you can usually check to see if any water is in there and drain it out with a cloth

Generally the machine will drain and not do anything else though when the base is full though so is it the drain pump or recirculation pump running.

Have you tried cancelling and re-setting the machine.

Ours is an indesit rather than a hygena, but ours was integrated. I've just removed ours and it was very easy.

First I had to pull the kickboard off then I opened the door and undid two screws which went up into the worktop, then it pulled out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back