i bang my pump and it bursts into life ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having recently had to call a plumber in, he had to remove the Air seperator which was all bunged up with sludge, the plumber said we didnt need it anyway !!!. At the same time he fitted a 2nd pump i had been given, the original one was very noisy.

Now i notice that sometimes this "new" pump doesnt work all the time, i have to give it a bang before it will burst into life !.

So i am going to have to get a new one !, it looks to be easy enough to change by myself !, but where should i go to get one, i guess Plumb Centre, Screw Fix and/or Jewsons ire the most convenient for me, would a cheap one be sufficient, or is it like most things, you only get what you pay for ?.

I see online that Screwfix do one for as little as £40 including VAT and Post and Packing, is this too good to be true ?.

tim

Sponsored Links
Cheap is as cheap does.

You get what you pay for.

You are experiencing it already - don't double whammy yourself. Get a Grundfos or even Grundfos Alpha - depending on your boiler.

Cheap is as cheap does.

You get what you pay for.

You are experiencing it already - don't double whammy yourself. Get a Grundfos or even Grundfos Alpha - depending on your boiler.

Good call!

Can you call your plumber back on a warranty basis?

Sponsored Links
Why should he come back, he only fitted a pump supplied by the OP & by the sound of it it may have been a second hand one. :rolleyes:

Then it`s definitely a second handjob... :eek: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back