I did something dumb - what will the outcome be?

Sponsored Links
So the consensus seems to be firmly that even if it does hold water it may leak

No...the consensus is it will leak..100% guarantee.

15 mins for each joint ? Were the alarm bells not ringing :eek:

Making a neat soldered joint is another matter :LOL:

Should see the right dogs dinner of a soldered joint I did last week when I got my boiler replaced, made a right mess.

Although it didn't leak.
Unlike one the RGI had to red 3 times !! :D :D

Should see the right dogs dinner of a soldered joint I did last week when I got my boiler replaced, made a right mess.

Although it didn't leak.

I think copper joints look really nice before the heat goes on, not much use though :D

There's plenty of slightly blobby joints under my floorboards!

Sponsored Links
if its only going to cost £30 for pipe scrap all the old stuff, 15mins with a blowlamp will surely weaken the pipe, for a proper joint sparingly flux only the pipe then inset it into the fitting, heat for 9-10 seconds and you will see the solder starting to appear, that is all that is required, for extra comfort or due to lack of experience you can quickly touch your solder coil on the joint to add a tiny amount of solder, leave to cool and clean excess flux with a damp cloth, turn on and test, stand back and admire :LOL:

im sorry but that scenario is quite amusing :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
oh and the outcome flood!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back