I dont mean to be blonde but my red light says "lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My other half is a bit of a diy no go area. He took one of the radiators off the wall this aftermoon and coudnt s stop it leaking. He manged to stop it in the end but them the system was drained??? I saw his turn a top under our Halstead boiler and said he has to refill the system.

Hes now had to go away to work for a week and theres no hot water and no heating. The ignition lockout light is on. I have tried turning it off and on and i have tried pressing the ignition button but no hope.

I am cold and will soon smell without help :p

SARAH

Sponsored Links
you need to repressure the system then reset the boiler. where about are you ?

WHich boiler is it. Guessing it's a "Finest" the filling loop tap is up under the bottom near the second-left pipe, a black tab which turns 90º.
The reset button is that side, underneath, if the boiler boiled.

Hmmm. Theres a blue tap but i think thats for the water, Its under the tank. The boiler is a Quattro. Its an old thing which we need reply to replace. Any suggestions.

Smelly isnt really sexy unless you the type that lives up trees :p

Sponsored Links
tell that to napolean lol

he used to asked josphine to stop bathing a month before he returned, the dirty get!!!!.

so leave the boiler alone and bag yourself a short arsed meglomanic

:LOL: :LOL:

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ISOLATED THE ELECTRIC SUPPLY

sorry to shout.

yay nice one

right you are looking for the overheat stat on a Quattro. ermmm i cannae remember

can you see a red button underneath the boiler?

No theres a blue tap for the water pressure but when i turn that the pressure dial just keeps going up. Its on 2 at the moment.

no need to up the pressure anymore so leave that alone now

arrgh i reall cannot remeber where the oh stat is, it is sunday after all.

what we are looking for is a red button with two identcally coloured wires going to it and a really small copper tube on it as well

Thanks. I appreciate the help. Off to look for a red button.

Thanks again
SARAH

No red button. Typical it never happens on a weeday.

If anyone is sitting on their sofa in a nice warm house and know the million dollar question. I would think you were fab!!

SARAH

THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU!!!!

It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smelly no more!

SARAH :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back