I have a Optima xm6 the alarm cable is broken when new door fitted, please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have recently had a new UPVC door fitted. The old one was wood and had the original door contacts fitted with the original alarm which is an Optima XM6. The window company pulled out the old door not realising it had a contact alarm fitted, the cable was broken at skirting board level and the alarm went off. Obviously at pres I am unsble to reset alarm since it has detected a cut cable. The house does have infar red dectors in all downstairs rooms and with edoor being now super solid I do not nessarily require door to be alarm via the contact switch. I have got access to the cable itself but have no way of knowing which wires serve what functions. There are 4 wires, black, yellow red and black. Is it possible to solder any of these together to prevent the tamper alarm and reset the alarm. Or can I omit the door zone entirely via the box. Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
the door sensor is used for starting entry normally.

in the panel put a link in the zone, the alarm panel arms on a timed exit?

Because of the cut cable I am presently unable to alarm the property. Pressing reset just make a beep sound.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back