Optima XM6 extending PIR cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody assist?
I have an inherited Optima XM6 alarm panel and need to reposition a PIR which requires extending the zone wiring which I want to do by replacing with longer wires from within the panel and through the PIR. How do I disable the tamper circuits whilst the units are opened up. Upon completion is there a reset process?

Sponsored Links
do you know the engineers code?

Sorry I'm very new to this site and am guessing that I use the quote tab to reply?
There is paperwork which confirms that the system was installed by a local security company and I do not know if they have changed the default, which would have been 9999.
I tried the default to enter program mode but I did not get the prescribed response from the panel lights ie the tamper led should have lit up.
So I guess it's not the default and therefore no I don't know the engineer's code.

Sponsored Links
no, you normaly use the
reply.gif
button to reply.

since you dont know the engineers code you could always open the panel (tamper alarm should go off) enter yoiur code to silence it.
dissconnect (dont cut) the existing pir cable insatll a new longe cable, connect it to the pir first then connect it to the panle, close the panel and reset it.

please also note the colours at the pir and wire it back as it was.

aslo same at panel end

if you have a digital camera, take a picture of each end for your own referance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back