I have no heat, and I think it is because my boiler has 0psi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.
I recently purchased my first home, and now that winter is coming I am running into a bit of a problem - I have no heat!
I have a fairly old SolarLux G-105 boiler for my baseboard heating system.
I have noticed that it shows 0 pounds of pressure on the gauge in front, though the temperature is showing as quite hot.
Now, I've read up and the recommendation seems to be re-pressurizing the system. Unfortunately, I am not entirely sure how to go about that, and unfortunately the boiler is so old I cant find much on it online.

So, I was hoping that you wonderful folks would be able to assist if I posted up some pictures.

The blue handle and the red knob are both "open"

Sponsored Links
In the UK, all system filling loops are done with metal braided flexible connections - not sure if it's the same out there but i'd go looking for a flexi in the first instance

Sponsored Links
lol you're talking to an idiot here when it comes to this stuff, so I apologize if I ask dumb questions. my first home, and whatnot.

we have someone coming out to look at it next week (earliest we could get someone), but I'd love to be able to fix it in the meantime, as it's getting REALLY cold

have not been able to find any additional water source beyond what is in the pictures... and not sure how to fix that air vent problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back