I have one cold radiator with hot pipes leading into it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

One of my radiators is cold, yet the pipes leading into it are very hot. It definitely does not need bled as I hae already tried this.

Is it a matter of removing the radiator, draining it and starting again. The problem is the radiator is about 6 feet and not ery easy to remove

Any advice would ne greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
1. As already mentioned, fully open both valves.
2. Shut off all the other rads in the house.
3. Turn up the pump speed.
4. Please supply some information and history of your system.

You say PIPES leading into it do both these pipes go in at same side on the same valve (microbore) if so then there is an insertion tube that goes from the valve into the rad and it has fallen off

Sponsored Links
Thats what i thought,trv pin stuck
but it says both pipes are hot?? is this an assumption or have you checked both are hot

Thanks for the advice guys, I will give these methods a try tonight and let you know how I get on.

In terms of the historical info. The boiler is pretty old and has recently had a motor and pump replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back