I think I fried my nest heat link

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Stupidly decided to hang a fleece in the airing cupboard all was well until I noticed the Nest Thermostat was saying H2 error on the screen.

Opened the airing cupboard and noticed the heat link which was on the floor below the fleece had been dripped on :cry: it now has no power no lights will come on I've disconnected everything but I get no leds.

The heat link was damp opened it up and gave it the hair dryer treatment but noticed the circuit board had something on it which I cleaned with a cotton bud (possibly damage from water)?

The thermostat has switched off at the wall now due to being connected to the heat link

Any ideas or is this an expensive lesson :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Do check there is actually power getting to the Heatlink base before getting another one!

Do check there is actually power getting to the Heatlink base before getting another one!
That's the strange thing as all the cables have been checked & put bk although not for voltage as I've nothing I can do that with the heat link seems to be dead

Sponsored Links
Do check for voltage with a 2 wire tester before ordering a replacement. Otherwise it could end up a really expensive mistake!

Just plugged the Heatlink into the USB via the pc and the yellow led light comes on but once connected back up to the wires nothing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back