I think I need a second trip switch

I could learn to post a picture, I think, if this isn't clear.
Please do, but stop struggling with the useless photo album feature on this site - just stick the photos up on ImageShack or Photobucket etc.

I will read the 'electric part:p' if you tell me that the storage rad unit needs its own separate RCB.
It's RCD, by the way, and you were the one who was talking about getting one...

Sponsored Links
Right, I'm slowly getting the idea.

I'll certainly enlist in Photobucket, or similar, but it will have to be tomorrow now. I've been digging in the garden and I'm tired.

Thanks for all your posts.

http://www.imageshack.us/ has a useful browser toolbar you can install, which when you have will let you drag image files directly into a posting window here, and it will automagically upload the photo and insert a link with a clickable thumbnail into your post.

nothing at all wrong with the image hosting on here, I've never had trouble using it.. might just be you BAS.. can't work it out? ;)

anyway, the heaters do not require RCD protection..
they were presumably installed pre-17th edition, where there was no requirement to RCD protect cables buried less than 50mm deep..

there is no legal requirement to bring the installation up to date just because the regulations change..

Sponsored Links
nothing at all wrong with the image hosting on here, I've never had trouble using it.. might just be you BAS.. can't work it out? ;)
Never tried to use it, but we regularly see people here having problems making it work, and also I don't think that the way it renders images when the thumbnails are clicked is as good as when a proper image hosting site is used.

Hi Guys,

A disaster! I don't use Windows as my operating system and, when I used Linux to try to load Imageshack, I've crashed my system.

At the moment I'm using a 'live OS - one that runs from a floating CD only) to communicate and a fair old trouble that's been too.

So I'll sign off now from this thread as I have a lot to do to recover, if possible, my previous data.

Thanks a lot for your posts. At least I now know that not having a RCD on storage radiators is legal....

see BAS, look what you did by dissing the image hosting on here... killed the poor guys computer..

what the photo's on here?

1. click under the reply window where it says "upload new images".
2. click "edit album" if you already have one, if not, create one ( which is as simple as clicking "create album" and giving it a name ) then click edit album
3. click "add new images"
4. click the "browse" button next to the text box for "file 1".
5. find the image you want to upload, click it to put it's name into the file name box and click open to add it.
6. repeat steps 4 and 5 to add up to 5 images ( click the browse button next to the empty box, not the one you just added. )
7. click "upload images".
8. close that window
9. click "show my images" under the reply window
10. click the image and it puts it into the text for you..

what the photo's on here?

2. click "edit album" if you already have one, if not, create one ( which is as simple as clicking "create album" and giving it a name ) then click edit album
5. find the image you want to upload, click it to put it's name into the file name box and click open to add it.
6. repeat steps 4 and 5 to add up to 5 images ( click the browse button next to the empty box, not the one you just added. )
8. close that window
Once you have installed the ImageShack toolbar, and set the right option for the thumbnail hotlinks, the alternative becomes:

1. Drag the image file from a Windoze Explorer window into the posting window here.
2. Err - there is no 2, it's all done.

Whether it works in the same way with a Mosaic/Mozilla based browser and a Unix/Linux OS with a GUI I don't know....

Once you've done all the ImageShack work, you mean.

you might just as well say "once you've used the "show my images" option:

1. click the image and it puts it into the text for you..

2. Err - there is no 2, it's all done.

Once you've done all the ImageShack work, you mean.
That consists of installing the browser toolbar - a one off. If you use Firefox it'll even automatically check for new versions.

you might just as well say "once you've used the "show my images" option:
Which is step 9 of 10 in the instructions quoted by ColJack, what about steps 1-8?:

8. close that window
What about creating the album? Don't need to do that with ImageShack.
What about adding images to an album? Don't need to do that with ImageShack.

11. Err - there is no 11, it's all done.
Steps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9?

OK - you still have to find the image you want, which is enumerated in ColJack's list, but an accurate comparison of the two methods is

DIYnot ImageShack
1. . . . .Not needed.
2. . . . .Not needed.
3. . . . .Not needed.
4. . . . .Not needed.
5. . . . .Find the image you want to upload, drag it into the post window here.
6. . . . .Same, but you're only repeating Step 5, not 4 & 5. And there's no limit of 5 images.
7. . . . .Not needed.
8. . . . .Not needed.
9. . . . .Not needed.
10. . . . .Not needed - that was what you did at Step 5. Or Step 1 in ImageShack terms.

Oh - also, if you're ever faced with one of those sites that prevents hot-linking, you can right-click an image and it will automatically get transloaded to ImageShack and the forum link code generated.

Simples.

What about creating the album? Don't need to do that with ImageShack.
What about adding images to an album? Don't need to do that with ImageShack.
wow, that's fantastic. Imageshack sets itself up and my pictures just magically add themselves to Imageshack without me having to tell it :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back