i want to convert my kitchen lighting from 1 way to 2 way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have converted from 1 way to 2 way before, but i can't understand the wiring in my new house. i have at present 1 way 2 gang switch with 3 twin and earth coming down the wall. All of the blue wires are in a connecting block, one of the browns go to the l1 of the left switch another goes to the L2 of the same switch and the final brown goes to the L2 of the right switch. I have then got another single piece of brown piggy backing from L2 on the left switch to L1 on the right switch, which one is the switch wire and how do i convert to 2 way switching ?

Sponsored Links
which one is the switch wire
Given what you know of how 1-way switches work, when you draw a diagram with switch symbols in it, isn't it obvious what's going on?

Draw it, and imagine what would happen with the switching with each brown in turn assumed to be the permanent live, and compare that to what actually happens...

and how do i convert to 2 way switching ?
In the usual way. How did you do it last time?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back