ICOS HE15, HE18, HE24

Sorry about the CAP's Lock and thanks for all of your replies. I am truly overwhelmed.
The condensate pipe in the kitchen sink was only a temporary measure and it will be re connected to the original pipe which joins the sink drain. Unfortunately whoever originally connected the condensate pipe to the sink drain forgot about the waste going down the sink being able to wash up this pipe and block it. This pipework has now been modified to ensure it wont become blocked again.
On the subject of water coming out of the condensate pipe, none seems to come out at all. The last plumber said he had ben told only a little steam would come out.
I have found an earlier entry tonight showing someone who had a similar problems and they said that 90/100 it was the electrodes that became warped in the heat causing eventual ignition failure.
I feel that my landlord shouild be doing this not me but this has been ongoing for more than 10 weeks and she hasn't got a clue.

Sponsored Links
although I agree the electrodes need replacing fairly frequently on these boilers, I think you may have a blocked siphon/trap, also on the ideal the burner insulation and ionisation probes need checking.

I think that the siphon trap was checked on one of the previous visits and cleaned out and found to be working O.K. but I am not sure about what other bits have been checked/replaced.
My landlord has a list of what she's had replaced but of course I have no access to these and she's never around when the plumbers are on site.
I will pass on the recommendations from your replies and get the condensate drain re connected to the sink drain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back