ideal 120 response combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
neighbours boiler went off last night.
lost pressure. i have repressurised the system to just over 1bar.
mains light and lcd timer are on, but no response when turning on central heating or hot water, anything to look out for?
i have checked 3 fuses on the circuit boards, all ok.
there seems to be a diagnostic on this boiler there are a few led lights, all off, would any of these light up if there was a fault? or is there a setting to check the diagnostics manually?.
any replys much appreciated.
thank you

Sponsored Links
Very stupid of them not to check the pressure regularly and to let it go to zero!

You will find an orange neon is lit just behind the pressure gauge. Its not brought to the outside of the casing but can usually be seen if that part of the boiler is viewed in the dark.

This is because the boiler believes there is no water pressure. Its caused by dirt in the badly treated water blocking the inlet to the low pressure switch.

Most of them recover after a few hours/days and start to work again. If it does not then you will need the LP switch replaced.

Tony Glazier

thanks for reply agile
i can confirm orange neon light is lit.
this pressure switch is this the 3 wired terminal just behind the neon.
and is this switch easily replacable to do myself.
do i have to drain the system, or do i follow this pipe back and turn what i think is a service valve where the boiler is connected cw line
thanks

It will probably recover before you can get a replacement.

I view it as a slightly fiddly job to replace. You have to isolate and drain the system water in the boiler. We allow an hour bor an experienced engineer but that includes a performance check on th boiler.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
thanks again Agile
so leave the boiler on and in central heating mode?

[code:1]so leave the boiler on [/code:1]
WHAT? while you're draining the water out and handling the electrics :rolleyes: ??

Forget it - sorry but you're too stupid. Get a boiler engineer. Also you DO NOT replace the part with the one in the parts list.

i think you misread my question chrisr.
Agile informed me that the pressure valve might recover on its own.
i was asking if it was alright to leave the combi on in central heating mode
while waiting for the pressure valve to recover.
i do know how to drain the system and i am confident in replaceing the pressure switch.
you state not to replace the part with the one in the the parts list,
why is this? is this a common fault with this part?
thanks

NO that isn't what is written.

You asked if you had to drain the boiler - obviously so, since the switch reads system pressure
, Agile said drain the boiler , then you said
"so leave the boiler on and in central heating mode?"

Which would be silly but within possibilities for a diy'er.

Yes it's a common part to need attention. Once the boiler is drained it's a quick job IF you have the right tools. If you drain the system wrongly you'll spend ages with leaks, but...

pressure switch was faulty,
i have have replaced it. now working.
thanks for all your help fellas much appreciated.
regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back