Ideal Boiler LE fault NOT PCB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Ideal boiler it is displaying a LE fault replaced the PCB and STILL showing same fault! When you rest it is flashes D like its working and goes back to a fault.

Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Who replaced the pcb? Was it replaced with a brand new one from a parts suppliers? Was the position of the jumpers checked or did they just copy the position on the old pcb?

It was by a registered engineer it is a new part and he replaced it in the same place as the old one. He has now said it MUST be something to do with wires but cant get the part for a week with no hot water and two little ones im hoping theres another solution!

Has he charged you anything as of yet? Le norm means pcb fault, but I'd check the jumpers are fitted in the correct position and not just copied from the old pcb

Sponsored Links
This boiler, more that most, does need some product specific knowledge when repairing.

Thats apart from carefully diagnosing rather than just changing parts.

You should NOT be having to pay for his mis-diagnosis if thats the case.

We wonder if he has correctly set the boiler specific settings. They are not always to be in the same position on the old and the new pCBs!

What colours were the old and the new PCBs?

Tony

Has he charged you anything as of yet? Le norm means pcb fault, but I'd check the jumpers are fitted in the correct position and not just copied from the old pcb

LE? LF is the most common and covers at least 10 different faults on these tubs of lard ! none that i know relate to a PCB issue!

Quite right Kevin, although I do think the PCB is also one of the possibilities.

Even if its not listed, as the PCB which generates the codes thats always possible.

Now the owner does not know if its a different fault or just the RGI has not set the new one correctly.

We are still waiting for the colours!

Tony

I agree with engineerman LE is also caused by overheat stat, replace that and should be ok.
It sits above the thermistor on the left hand side.

LE? LF is the most common and covers at least 10 different faults on these tubs of lard ! none that i know relate to a PCB issue!

Lf is prob the most common fault I get on these but the op is saying he is gettin le, which is norm the pcb in my experience

If it's not the PCB I'd say it was overheat.

Check the thermistor is clipped to the pipe properly and that it's not corroded/damaged etc... If the PCB sees the overheat stat is reading 90C but the thermistor is reading below 70C it assumes there's a software fault thus giving LE.

I had this just a couple of weeks ago. The heat ex had leaked condensate water onto the thermistor which meant it didn't go out of range but it did give an inaccurate reading, tricking the PCB into thinking that itself was faulty!

This is the offending Isar piece of s**t

I've never seen LE be anything other than a PCB or, rarely, this.

What else can LE be?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back