Ideal boiler noise \ normal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have lived in our house for 9 years and haven't really heard anything from our Ideal boiler which is situated in the living room under the stairs, however recently we had to get our diverter valve replaced (hope this is the correct name).

Now we can hear our boiler all over the house, We got BG engineer back to ask what the noise was as we have a very quiet house and its an alien\foreign noise in our environment, they have said its the standard pump flow noise. For some reason they cannot understand that we have never had\heard the noise before, they say its "normal". However living here for 9 years its not our "normal" and we are not sure what we can do.

I have attached a sound file and enhanced the volume so you guys can hear it and let me know if its normal to hear this all around your house, it has woken us up twice since its been fixed out of 3 days at 5am\6am when our house is at its the quietest. Here is the noise.wav file http://www.filedropper.com/noise (couldn't attach it)

Hopefully you can give us your expert opinions, we are ready to call out another engineer from a different company if you guys think it can be resolved, seems to be a quiet ear annoying hum to us.

Sponsored Links
Please ignore the creaking noises at the beginning that was me walking up the stairs to show you what the noise was like from our landing.

Can't here anything as the link is unable to download if in doubt call ideal what boiler model is it???

Sponsored Links
Its a Ideal Isar HE30 - Been lucky I guess in never having had any issues with it before especially after reading the reviews on it today. I checked the download link just a few minutes ago and it worked any other suggestions for uploading?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back