ideal c24 intermittent hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal C24 boiler fitted in 2004 and has been regularily serviced thru' a maintenance contract.
Occasionally (aprox 2 or 3 times a week) the hot water does not ignite. CH seems to be ok.
This problem has been ongoing for 8 months and after phoning Ideal the engineer replaced a PCB last week to no avail.

Any thought on what the problem may be?
Thanks Dave

Sponsored Links
There could be many reasons.

To give a better clue you would need to open the cover to the left of the PCB and put the boiloer into the diagnostic mode ( see book ) and then see what fault code is indicated.

Thats probably too much bother/difficult for an owner and if you have a maintenance contract then just get Ideal to sort it out. Do you know which PCB he changed?

To give him his due its difficult for an engineer to diagnose a fault that does not occur when he is visiting!

Tony

Thank you Tony.
My book shows no reference to a "diagnostic mode". It does however have a reference to "optical information" which is three LEDs on the the main PCB.
It was the ignition PCB which was replaced.
Dave

Sponsored Links
Is the boiler the older version with 2 pcbs, ign and logic or the new one with one big pcb?
If it is the older one there are four dip switches on the logic board.
If the boiler is in fault condition (rapid green neon flashing) normal is one flash per second, then you push dipswitch 4 down then up and the 3 lights will go into fault conditions telling you the fault. If its the new one ita too complex to go through the fault mode on here but the lights should come on right away.
Normal things to cause intermittent faults on a mini are the thermisters (i always change both) and also an ignition fault can be caused by the leads being routed too close to each other at the back of pcb. Remove the grey one from the same wiring clip as the ign leads(the grey is rectification)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back