Ideal C80FF combi problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I came home tonight and the heating was on full blast, the heating thermostat wasnt on, I turned the whole boiler off and wheneva you turn it on it fire up even though no hot taps are running or the thermos on.
The heating was on even when the heating switch was just turned to hot water only.
The only thing that turns it off is the water temperature knob for the hot water.

What can this be and how much will it cost to get put right and could I do it myself, I do a bit of plumbing..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks mate...

Dont spose there is any way of unsticking it for now or is it a replacement job.

Is there any other thing that it could be rather than the flow switch.

Sponsored Links
I have just drained down system and repressurised, now it works however the heating doesnt work, but at least the problem with the boiler being on constant isnt an issue, and the hot water is ok with the boiler turning off on when water goes off on

The flow switch will be on due to a stuck diverter or due to the gland having leaked water into the DHW flow switch, more often the latter.

This is not a DIY job because the gas valve has to be removed to access the switch. I did once hear of someone who managed it by removing the whole of the diverter valve assembly instead but that is quite a job and would even take me more that an hour.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back