ideal classic overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The thermostat is not working on my ideal classic. its a gravity system. When the boiler is turned on the the dial on the front doesnt operate properly. Iv looked in the manual and it says there is a thermastat and a phial to swap. is there any problems that could occure when changing this>

Sponsored Links
The thermostat is not working on my ideal classic. its a gravity system. When the boiler is turned on the the dial on the front doesnt operate properly. Iv looked in the manual and it says there is a thermastat and a phial to swap. is there any problems that could occure when changing this>

Can you explain how you know the stat is not working please.

David

when the boiler turns on at the programmer it fires up on full. if u put the stat on 1 or 5 the flame doesnt change... the stat doesnt turn the boiler of and the flames just keep heating up. therfore heating the water up too much and forcing it to bubble over and rads are extreemly hot.

Can't really advise on whether you might have a problem. I can think of things which people have done which wouldn't be expected of the average 12 year old!

Sponsored Links
I've got a Servowarm Supreme Boiler that's just started playing up !! When i switch it on main burner fire's up for about 3mins then switch's off - not touched thermostat or anything ? Any clue's please - tried adjusting thermostat up = made sure time clock is on ? nothing ! any idea's please ? :unsure:

Why tag this on to a 4 year old thread? Too lazy to start a new post? Check your pump. Happy new year. :evil:

Why tag this on to a 4 year old thread? Too lazy to start a new post? Check your pump. Happy new year. :evil:
obvious!!!
diferent boiler, diferent symptoms, of course anyone with any sense would tag it here.

sorry 45yearsagasman did'nt realise I'd replied to a 4 year old thread !!! wot ever that is - new to this game !!! - thnx though , new pump fitted - working great again ! Thnx old boy :D

ps - cheer's 4 ur input twgas !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back