IDEAL HE260 BOILER LF CODE NOT FIRING UP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. First of all as a newbie, I must thank all those posts I have read already to try and fix my problem! I have done all I can think of and the problem remains! OK, will try and give as much info as I can. I have an Ideal HE260 boiler and have the LF code flashing. We therefore have no hot water and heating. When the boiler is reset, it tries to fire the factory set 3 times, followed by the code. It attempts to fire, but does not ignite. Hubby has:
- replaced ignition electrode and detection electrode
- removed, cleaned and put back the condensate "S" trap (not full of gunk!)
- checked condensate pipe, and outside drain were clear (which they were)

Only thought hubby has now is that it could be the spark generator, but are reluctant to buy ANOTHER part if this is not the case. FYI the boiler had a new pump about 6 months ago (had error code L9 which according to the manual relates to the dry fire thermistor, however the new pump fixed it????? The only other thing that seems to be not quite right is an electrode behind the control panel just underneath programmer. The electrode cover appears to have blown off (so hard to describe when you know nothing about boilers!!!). It says on the sticker on the circuitboard: m203453...IDEAL 44...424600... The circuit board has an orange part to it, and it is the C2 electrode that appears to have blown (even the name of this circuitboard would help loads!!!) This circuitboard/electrode might be completely unrelated to the LF code but thought I would mention it. Sorry for waffling on but thought I would give as much info as possible!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back