Hi All, warning code LF on ideal icos boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can you help me out, currently at work, mate has a very cold house has a 3 yr old ideal icos hx boiler he has warning sign LF on the boiler, when when he attempts to fire the boiler up the systems area as follows
there is is a large rumbling noise, followed by a louder crashing noise before it cycles through again
this happens about 3 times then the LF warning shows again
==
any suggestions
==
been really cold around our area

?? condensate problems
any ideas would be appreciated
many thanks Dave :(

Sponsored Links
went to same boiler yesterday where condense pipe went into 3in downspout which had frozen at the bottom. as the snow in the gutter melted , it filled the pipe and back up the condense and filled the boiler.water flooding out of boiler , water in gas valve.LF code showing.i would check your condense first , then gas valve and ignition probe needs checking by an rgi.

Is this something that I can do rather tan call someone out. I am a moderate DIYER with no boiler experience at all. Cleaning this condesate thing sounds simple.

Can anyone post a really simple step by step instructions??

Please!!! Its freezing

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

Go outside and isung either a hair dryer or kettles of boiling water defrost the condensate pipe.

Rico

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back