Ideal ICOS HE15 Error Codes LE and LF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, wonder if you could help me please?
I recently purchased a house with an Ideal ICOS HE15 in, a couple of years old. For the last few months I've had LE and LF error codes now and again - sometimes a few days in a row and sometimes every few weeks so no pattern! I just hit reset and off it goes with no problem until next time it hits, days or weeks after.
Would anyone be able to suggest how to fix it or if I need contact someone to have a look?
Thanks in advance!
David

Sponsored Links
IIRC LE and LF are ignition probs so will need a RGI to sort - could be wrong about the codes so you need to look in "the book".

These are the fault codes for pcb and flame detection errors. Might be cheaper getting a fixed price repair if it continues.

LE can also be a faulty overheat stat,on the Icos the oh stat is up near the top of the boiler,and if the connectors above leak water/crud can run down to the stat.
LF is flame detection,as already mentioned.

Sponsored Links
I recently purchased a house with an Ideal ICOS HE15 in, a couple of years old. For the last few months I've had LE and LF error codes now and again - sometimes a few days in a row and sometimes every few weeks so no pattern! I just hit reset and off it goes with no problem until next time it hits, days or weeks after.
Would anyone be able to suggest how to fix it or if I need contact someone to have a look?
Thanks in advance!
David
Try unblocking the condense trap if it is blocked it will prevent the boiler firing

Diyers should not remove the condense trap, as refitting incorrectly will cause POC's(products of combustion) to escape from the boiler into the room.

I seem to remember there are two types of LF indication ( perhaps LF. ? ).

One relates to failure to ignite and the other flame failure after ignition. The difference would be relevant to the engineer doing the repair.

A common cause of this fault is an inadequate gas supply or a sticking meter governor.

Regardless you need an engineer.

Tony

Run it until it breaks down then change it. Or take out a repair
contract.

These boilers are awful.

Tony is right as .(dot ) after each code is different to normal code. LE can be board but also electrical supply fault or poor earth. Can also be open circuit overheat stat or overheated. And now for the interesting one for all you Isar/ ices lovers.
Ready, if the boiler detects 3 overheats in the one on period then it will cut the power to the gas valve relay so next time it try's to light you get an LF! Could be dodgy overheat stat causing the boiler to do this giving both fault codes.

Tony is right as .(dot ) after each code is different to normal code. LE can be board but also electrical supply fault or poor earth. Can also be open circuit overheat stat or overheated. And now for the interesting one for all you Isar/ ices lovers.
Ready, if the boiler detects 3 overheats in the one on period then it will cut the power to the gas valve relay so next time it try's to light you get an LF! Could be dodgy overheat stat causing the boiler to do this giving both fault codes.

Thanks in advance!
David

Hi, Ive read your quote and I've had the same LF error/fault aswell as Hb error. My boiler is a Combination. So what I did was, looked on Google Image and typed the traps for this HE15 in and what you know . .Up comes some pictures/images of the HE15 boiler. I then removed the trap than found that it was blocked with dirt. Cleaned it, placed the pipe back. Shuddering noise gone. So, ive attached a link to see where to look.

http://idealheating.com/homeowner/frozen-condensate-pipe.php

Gook Luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back