ideal icos he12 boiler fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
good afternoon all, this is my first post so be gentle with me :LOL:
I have an ideal icos he12 boiler which is not working. the control panel is dead. the fuse in the rear of the pcb is ok. 240v in and out of fuse and in and out of main on and off swith. I understand there has been problems with the pcb, have removed and inspected, looks a bit burnt under the blue bit in the middle poss transformer ??. there is no lights that come on the front control panel.
would be gratfull of any advise :LOL:

Sponsored Links
If there is a square looking burn indentation on the front middle left of pcb above metal bracket then transformer has indeed gone and a new pcb reqd

there is indeed a burnt indentation, many thanks, does somethink cause the fault ie the pump or a valve, or does the pcb just go ?

Sponsored Links
let me guess

icos is the new suprima :?:

should keep the wedge rolling in for you :LOL: ;)

As I posted elsewhere, we had 50 go out last week - and winter hasn't even started yet. Suprimas are still holding their own though

BTW - I hope that anyone servicing an old suprima is replacing the red HT leads where they find them

New logic boiler has a completely different board made by kromschraeder. No failures on it reported in fact no boiler failures reported at all yet!! Five year warranty on the logic+ now to

Well lets hope Ideal have come up with a good un at last.

Lets be honest, it is about time.

Personally though it is a shame that they left the design to the chap who designed the Morris Marina & Ital :mad:

I had a Morris Marina years ago,handled like it had a hinge in the middle.

Spoke to Ideal tech today..... 1 reported fault on new Logic, and that was installation fault.... TBH looks a good bit of kit when I saw it in Hull

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back