Ideal Icos He12

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I'm having problems with my 10 year old Ideal Icos He12. The front screen has starting flashing and crackling as if there is a short some where. I initially thought it was just the user control unit as when I put pressure on the front panel the boiler would work perfectly. I've ordered a new user panel but since then I've realised that if I put pressure on or twist the boiler casing that helps too. Has anyone come across this before? The boiler hasn't been opened so no trapped wires etc.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
There is a connector behind the display panel and that is easily damaged if there is any leak in the boiler.

In many ways your boiler is not very suitable for DIY repair attempts.

I've taken the user panel off and can see the connector you are referring to but there isn't any sign of water damage.

Sponsored Links
Find out what he finds is wrong and tell us please.

Engineer called today and found no supply to the PCB at all. Traced the fault to a bad connection. When I was pushing on the frame of the boiler it must have been making the connection. Engineer only charged a few quid so happy days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back