ideal isar HE 30 combi with issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
don't normally get involved with breakdowns, but mate has issues with isar he30.

first there was no hot water unless flow restricted at tap, i checked the thermistor and that was fine, he got P-H-E and i replaced it, hot water sorted.

at same time there was issue with a leak, i investigated it, couldn't find anything, cleaned the sump out and checked the sump access plate seal, it was ok. the pressure is also dropping.

went back today, there was a fair bit of water under the main heat exchanger/heat exchanger sump, i checked the seal and it wasn't leaking.

my thoughts are that theres obviously a leak somewhere on the heat exchanger.

anyone with more knowledge of this model of boiler?

cheers.

Sponsored Links
Any water leak usually has to be identified by visual inspection.

Did you check that the EXV is correctly pressurised and the the system pressure is not becoming excessive and causing leakage?

Tony

i've removed has much as i can without full pull apart, can't see where it is coming from. checked the flue gas and its running ok but not spot on.

the pressure on the gauge is 1.5bar but drops over a week or so.

forgive my ignorance but i don't do abreviations that well, what EXV?

i've removed has much as i can without full pull apart, can't see where it is coming from. checked the flue gas and its running ok but not spot on.

the pressure on the gauge is 1.5bar but drops over a week or so.

forgive my ignorance but i don't do abreviations that well, what EXV?

Sponsored Links
Any water leak usually has to be identified by visual inspection.

Did you check that the EXV is correctly pressurised and the the system pressure is not becoming excessive and causing leakage?

Tony

expansion vessel! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back