Ideal Isar HE24 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Have done a search and had a read around the subject but no real answers.

Boiler has been working fine until this morning when i tried to have a shower and no hot water.

Turned it off and on again a few times, turned it off at the wall etc but nothing.

It shows error code H9 and sometime L9.

Drained the full system thinking it might be a blockage no change. Have also tried to 'remove' the pump, but the silver bolt in the middle just seems to spin once i've undone it

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Draining the system is the last thing that you should do!

Now you may get airlocks.

You will also have drained away the inhibitor whihc will need to be replaced.

The central screw may need prising out if its a Grunfoss.

Tony

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. We've had another look and the pump spins no problem.

Should the control thermistors be showing 0 on an ohm meter when hot or should there be resistance?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Should the control thermistors be showing 0 on an ohm meter when hot or should there be resistance?

No they shouldn't.
If you have measured them both and got 0 I think you've done it wrong.

Hi,

Thermistors should be roughly 10k at 25 deg. But they are not your
Problem
Generally speaking L9 is lack of circulation/overheating poss pump
Or ilack of system pressure,which I assume you've checked?
Other than that,I recommend you get someone in to fix it

Garfield,

Overheating definitely seems to be the problem. That's why I wondered if it was the thermistors. I've got a mate coming to see me but he's been busy with everyone else's problems.

Dan, thanks for that. Might help us out

If a boiler is properly set up then overheating is almostly always caused by a lack of flow. Pump or sludge!

Tony

Agile,

Thanks mate - i've got another plumber coming to see it tonight - the missus has been on at me

I'll let you know what he says

possibly a blocked heat exchanger, was a service agent for ideal for 3years, came across this fault more than 50 times, heat exchangers changed under warranty.

Does it do it on heat and hw ?
If only on hw possibly plate hex blocked, if oly on heat then possibly a system problem.
On both then pump or main hex.

l9/h9 can also be caused by blocked aav. Top part of exchanger can be full of air.

Afraid this work is has to be done by gassafe enginer as in combustion area

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back