Ideal Isar HE30 Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Back again for help/advice regarding my pensioner friends boiler. I visited him yesterday sat in his kitchen his boiler was on and off constantly without demand for hot water and heat.

I thought there is something wrong but what for boiler to do that. I checked pressure gauge reading 1.5 bar thought that is same as mine a vaillant ecomax probably normal.

Searching net last night Ideal isar HE30 supposed to be 1.0 bar. Is this the cause or is there some thing else causing this problem. I would like to think some one will help me solve this problem for my good pensioner friend 89 years of age.

Sponsored Links
boiler has a "pre heat" that keeps hot water up to temp,this causes the boiler to fire occasionally,also heck the clock is off as a lot of the elderly have the boiler on constant but turn the stat valves on the rads off

Preheat feature of ideal isar. They are crap.
Most likely the diverter valve is also leaking hence leaking heat into the central heating causing the boiler to be firing on and off all the time.
I believe there is an add on kit to stop the pre-heat

Sponsored Links
also with pre heat, if there is a dripping tap, the boiler will come on more often , should be aprox 1.30hr for the pre heat, and about 20 sec to heat hot water storage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back