Ideal Istor boiler flame & LED failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi please help, i have read through the manual but got no were, my istor he 260 boiler is not starting up im not sure what the fault is as the led display has no power either, it was fine at 7 am this morning but was not working when i got home from work, any ideas? oh an also the pressure on the lower gage is 0, but i cant seem to re-pressure the damn thing

thanks in advance

dave

Sponsored Links
If there is no system pressure then dont expect the boiler to work!

Would you drive your car with the tyres flat?

You need to find your filling loop !

See FAQ if you dont know what it looks like!

Tony

yeah i sorta guessed the pressure would be the probas the manual says it needs to be about 1, but does that explain why there is no led display at all

Pressure is one problem, I would guess the filling loop is inside the casing somewhere.

When you say LED, do you mean the complete display is dead, or just that the white/bluish light is not coming on?

If the latter this only comes on when the boiler is firing/active.

If the display is completely dead, then either a fuse has blown, or more commonly the pcb has had it.

Sponsored Links
It could have leaked inside causing the pressure to fall and to destroy the electronics.

Tony

The filling loop is in the lower section of the boiler to the right hand side.
If you have 240v to the PCB and no display, then the PCB will need replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back